Author's Corner: Short Fiction Workshop for Writers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Monday, June 19, 2017
Contact: Kanya Lyons, 512-974-7379
The Author's Corner seeks 13 burgeoning short fiction writers who want to participate in a free six-month writing workshop to hone their craft. The workshops will be taught by Adeena Reitberger, Austin Community College Creative Writing Instructor and editor of American Short Fiction, an online literary magazine based in Texas.
Selected writers must be available to attend all workshops on the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays of the month from 10 AM-12 Noon: September 16 and 23, October 14 and 21, November 11 and 18, and December 9 and 16, 2017 at the Library's Windsor Park Branch, 5833 Westminster Dr.
Author’s Corner will work to strengthen an understanding of the techniques of Short Fiction writing, crafting narratives that must do everything that novels do in much less space. Participants will have an opportunity to delve deeper to develop their own stories, revise and revisit, and receive feedback that will carry their stories far beyond the limits of this workshop. For more information call 512-974-9840.
- Submissions must be original and previously unpublished. We consider work that has appeared online (including on blogs and Facebook) to be previously published.
- Submissions must be typed using Times New Roman font in twelve-point size, double-spaced, and no longer than three and a half pages (approximately 1,000 words).
- All entries must be single, self-contained works of adult literary fiction. We will not accept poetry, plays, nonfiction, reviews, etc.
- Entries must be accompanied by a brief author bio (under 350 words long).
- Entries must be submitted online by August 1, 2017.
Want to participate? Submit Your Writing Here!