Acceptable Use Policy for Public Use Workstations
I understand and agree to comply with all of the following conditions:
- I will comply with all state and federal laws and the Austin Public Library policies and procedures.
- I may use the Library's public Internet workstations up to 120 minutes per day.
- I may have only one active logon ID registered in the user database.
- I will not share my logon ID or use the logon ID of family, friends, or other users.
- I will pay for all of the pages I print.
- I understand and acknowledge that the Internet contains information, both written and pictorial, which may be offensive or harmful to me or to others.
- I release the City of Austin and the Library from all liabilities associated with my viewing of, use of, or exposure to any information, machine-readable file, picture, graphical representation, or illustration I may encounter while using any public-use workstation, whether or not such information appears or is or is delivered through the station I operate.
- I will not harm or harass any City employee or member of the public.
- I will not violate any state or federal statute including those regarding obscenity, pornography, or delivery to minors material deemed harmful to them.
- I may not access sexually explicit sites on any filtered Austin Public Library workstation and may be asked to leave the Library if I do so.
- I must be 18 years of age or older and be able to provide my photo identification that includes my date of birth to the Library staff in order to use an unfiltered Austin Public Library public-use workstation.
- I will not permit others to use or view an unfiltered public-use workstation during my session unless they have also provided Library staff with photo identification proving that they are 18 years of age or older.
- I understand that I create, store, and use personal files at my own risk and that the Library is not responsible for the loss of personal electronic documents, diskettes, and/or files.
- I understand that I cannot damage or alter computer equipment, software, or systems, and will be held responsible for any damage I may cause to the Library's computers including repair/replacement costs resulting from the use of damaged or virus-infected diskettes.
- I understand and accept that my failure to comply with Library policies and procedures will result in Library penalties that range from suspension of Internet privileges for a week through permanent eviction from the Library.
- I understand that the City of Austin reserves the right to change its public use workstation access policies and procedures.
- I understand that individual Library staff members are not authorized to modify these policies.