Tax free weekend is over, and the smell of pencil shavings is fresh in the morning breeze. Yup - it's back to school time! But don't worry -- the library has your back. We've got everything from primary source databases to book report recommendations - all at the tips of your fingers and accessible in your pajamas. So kick back and check out our top favorite tools for school from the Austin Public Library:
- Brainfuse - live online tutoring from 2 PM - 11 PM every day, Brainfuse has tutors available for grades K-12 (and grownups, too). Use it from your computer or download the iOS or Android app!
- Homework Help Databases - a database is just another name for an website with subscriber-only content, and the Austin Public Library has subscriptions to some of the best, including Britannica, the Gale Virtual Reference Library, Atomic Training, Primary Search and more! You can access them all with your library card.
- Ask us! Need personalized help on a topic? Our Ask a Librarian services puts librarians at your fingertips. You can chat, email, text, or call us!
- Research Visits & Tours - Have a group who needs to research different topics? We're here to help! Check out our Tours page for information on booking a tour for your group.
- Need a good title to practice reading or for a book review? We can help! Check out our nifty book recommender and drill down to find your next great read!
- Not finding what you need on those lists? Get a list of recommended books tailored to your personal interests, with Personal Picks.
- Need some new tunes to relax while you study? Check out our Hoopla app for music that will get you motivated to study (or not)
- After all that hard work, you should relax with some of the great programs we have for kids, teens, tweens and families at the Austin Public Library. Movies, bookclubs, video game tournaments, and craft programs are just the tip of the iceberg!
Hope to see you around soon at the library!