But don't know how to get started?
Check out these links for inspiration:
- At Anime Matsuri 2012, there was an incredible skit done with cosplayers for Alice: Madness Returns ... OMG...the costumes!! the puppet-monsters!! Go watch the whole skit, and then read the back story of how they came up with the idea.
- Here's a great example of a crossover skit, with lots of inside humor. This Bishie Society skit was done at Anime Central 2010.
- I love this Pikachu skit... it's so silly
- Another nice crossover skit, and a neat example of how a videotaped cosplay skit can work
- A dramatic One Piece Skit... this is a HUGE group of cosplayers, and the video is pretty long
Here's some tips on creating a better skit from fans of the Skit/Masquerade/Walk On genre:
- Read Tips for Successful Group Cosplay Skits... some of this info is basic, but if you've never competed before, you can avoid a lot of beginner mistakes with these tips!
- Here's a great tutorial on creating your Masquerade (skit) [warning: a bit of peripheral cursing in this one, as the writer is pretty adamate in their beliefs about what makes for a good skit!]
- This cosplayer gives some excellent tips on the basics of blocking for an audience [again, mild cursing to be expected]
- And finally, here's a cheeky Cosplay Skit about how to make the perfect cosplay skit :)
Remember - Cosplay is about fun, it's not about getting all stressed out. If you have fun, your audience will, too :)