Beginning on Friday, August 24, at 6 PM, the Hampton Branch at Oak Hill will be closed for approximately nine months for a complete renovation.
The Hampton Branch at Oak Hill and its book drop will be closed during the renovation. However, in partnership with the Parks and Recreation Department, Bookmobile services will be available at the nearby Dick Nichols District Park, 8011 Beckett Rd.
The renovation of the Hampton Branch at Oak Hill will:
- Replace existing roof and Kalwall skylights
- Improve interior layout and replace all worn furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Make HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) improvements
- Update electrical systems
- Retrofit plumbing
- Modifications to ensure compliance with ADA
The dates of the renovation will be determined once the redesign has been approved by the City of Austin. For details and up-to-date information about the renovation, please view the most recent Director's Report.