Wi-Fi hotspots allow portable, wireless access to the internet. These devices may be used at home, public spaces, or anywhere that free internet access is not available. Connect a tablet, smartphone or laptop computer to the Wi-Fi hotspot and follow the set-up instructions. Each Wi-Fi hotspot can connect to 10 devices simultaneously.
To Use the Wi-Fi hotspot
- To turn your hotspot on, press and hold the Power button on the front of the device until the display shows “Welcome.”
- In the Wi-Fi application on your computer or device, find the hotspot’s Wi-Fi name and enter the password to connect to the internet.
- Once the service has started, press the Power (Menu) button to show the Wi-Fi name.
- Press the Power (Menu) button again to show the password.
- To power the hotspot off, press and hold the Power button until the display shows “Goodbye.”
- Insert the cable into the micro-USB charging port on the right side of the hotspot, and plug the charging adapter into an electrical outlet.
- The indicator light on the power button illuminates red when charging starts. The light turns green when the battery is fully charged. Fully charging a battery may take up to three hours.
Sprint R850 Wi-Fi Hotspot - User Guide
Sprint R850 Wi-Fi Hotspot - Additional Documentation