- Factiva - Company comparisons, financial snapshots, investment analyst reports, industry trends. Receive a quote for a global company stock, market index, or currency in seconds.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center - Information on over 30,000 stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Historical fund data is accompanied by narrative examining past and current performance of the fund, and musings on the future. A star system is used for ranking purposes.
- Value Line Investment Survey Plus Edition - Use Value Line for individual stock recommendations. Coverage of 1,700 stocks in The Value Line Investment Survey and 1,800 in The Small and Mid-Cap edition. Each page contains current and historical financial information and stock price data.
- Proquest Digital Microfilm has Barron's and the Wall Street Journal from 2008.
- See eJournal Finder to see which full-text periodicals are available through APL's subscription databases.
- Cabot Market Letter includes a Watch List of stocks as well as forecasts for Long-Term and Intermediate-Term market trends. Current Condition market forecast and a Market Timing Wrap-Up also included.
- Dick Davis Digest Biweekly provides market insights and stock recommendations. Individual stocks are listed under broad categories such as Healthcare and Consumer. Categories for Mutual and Exchange Traded Funds are also listed.
- Dines Letter focuses on a broad market analysis. Areas of concentration include common stocks, currencies, precious metals, international markets, the Internet, and bonds and interest rates.
- Dow Theory Forecasts Weekly spotlights stock market trends and securities reports. A fixture of each issue is a section regarding Market Commentary and another entitled Analysts’ Choice in which a specific stock is featured as well as its recent performance.
- DRIP Investor focuses on the performance of companies that allow individuals to buy stock directly from them instead of going through a stock broker and having to pay a broker’s commission.
- Outlook (Standard and Poor's) offers analysis of current stock market conditions and listing of exceptionally attractive and low risk stocks.
- Martin Weiss’ Safe Money Report provides market analysis from a big-picture perspective and demonstrates the reasoning for its analysis in the form of proofs and lists. Also features a Question & Answer section covering a broad range of market related topics such as, “Is now a good time to buy a house?”
- Trendline contains charts of companies’ performances. The information is purely numerical, so do not look here for analysis or for industry information.
- Barron’s - The weekly financial newspaper is considered to be essential reading for the serious investor. Alan Abelson's column may be the most respected overview of weekly market events and trends. Excellent easy-to-read tables and various prognostications of market movements include money rates, stock options quotes, bond rates and yields, and return on mutual funds. Full text of articles available through Factiva and Proquest Digital Microfilm
- Investor's Business Daily - The stock tables include a "smart select" composite rating to help the serious investor choose stocks using founder’s methodology. Ratings are based on earnings per share, relative price strength, industry group relative price strength, sales and profit margins, and accumulation and distribution of shares. Full text of articles available through Factiva.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance - Articles on market trends and all types of investment recommendations. Full text available through Business Source Complete.
- Financial Times - The London Financial Times subtitles itself the "World Business Newspaper”. Its easy-to-spot salmon-colored pages are filled with daily international business news events along with stock tables that cover world markets. London markets get the most coverage. Full text of articles available through Business and Company Resource Center.
- The Wall Street Journal - Stock and mutual fund tables appear daily, as do foreign exchange rates, Treasury bill and note information, bond prices and other essential financial and related data. Full text of articles available through Factiva.
- The New York Times - Has a two-part daily business section (one domestic, the other world) covering top stories about the economy and business. Includes stock and mutual fund tables on a daily basis. Also includes exchange rate tables, bond, bills and notes rates. Full text of articles available through Factiva.
- Bond Guide (Standard & Poor's) - Concise and compact overview and comparative data on more than 7,700 bonds, including more than 6,800 domestic issues and 560 Canadian and foreign bonds and 320 convertible issues.
- Standard & Poor's Statistical Service - Data tables cover a range of years and a wide variety of industries, stock exchange averages and money market measures, and foreign trade
- Standard & Poor's Dividend Record - Track and process dividend payments, distribution details on all equity securities (U.S. and major Canadian exchanges), and widely held mutual funds
- Standard & Poor's Stock Reports - Monthly publication covers key stock statistics for over 3500 companies, revenue/Earnings per share and dividend data, computes the value of $10,000 had you invested in the company stock five years ago.
Stock Guide -Preferred stocks, closed-end funds, mutual funds, and variable annuity/life investments; price ranges-highs and lows (historical and previous year); and sales volume-highs, lows, last bids (previous month), stock splits, P-E ratios
- Forbes Investopedia - One of the Internet's largest sites devoted entirely to investment education.
- Kiplinger Online - Personal finance and investment advice, stock and bond fund rankings.
- The Motley Fool - A comprehensive investment resource for small investors.
- MarketWatch - From CBS this one-stop-shopping financial site has everything you need to help you pick, track, or buy stocks, bonds, or mutual funds.
- Bonds Online - Extensive coverage of over 3.5 million stocks, bonds, indexes and other securities covering major and emerging markets and exchanges across the globe.
- FINRA - Bonds - Detailed data on equities, options and a wide range of bonds and combines corporate, municipal, Treasury and Agency bond information with more traditional market data information. Basic descriptive information and credit ratings on individual corporate bonds are available.
- Investing in Bonds - Wide variety of market data, news, commentary and information about bonds for beginner and expert.
- TreasuryDirect - U.S. savings bond information, including redemption rates, and T-Bill auction results and information about investing directly from the U.S. Treasury.
- Investment Company Institute Fact Book - Annual reports on retirement assets, characteristics of mutual fund owners, use of index funds, and other trends.
- MAXfunds - An unbiased, independent site designed to help mutual fund investors make informed decisions. Modified and updated daily.
- Mutual Fund Investor's Center - A large collection of mutual fund companies, website links, fund listings, and special planning, tracking and monitoring tools.
Small Cap Investing
- Microcap Stock: A Guide for Investors - Information from the SEC on microcap stocks.
- Pink Sheets - Developed by the National Quotation Bureau to provide information on penny stocks (stocks that generally sell for less than one dollar per share).
Socially Responsible Investing
- Social Funds - Features over 10,000 pages of information on SRI mutual funds, community investments, corporate research, shareowner actions, and daily social investment news
- Social Investment Forum - Investment practices that consider environmental, social and corporate governance criteria to generate long-term competitive financial returns and positive societal impact.
- Big Charts - Ticker symbol look-up current and historical quotes; and basic, advanced, and interactive charts
- Daily Stocks - A stock-screening site, with links to stock quotes, profiles, charts, news, SEC filings, market commentary and more.
- GuruFocus.Com - Investment insight from famous and successful investors with recommended stock picks, research and strategies. Certain features of the site require a paid subscription
- OTC Bulletin Board (OTCBB) - Provides quotes of over-the-counter stocks not generally found on major stock indexes such as NASDAQ.
- Stockpikr - Lists the stock portfolios of highly successful and famous investors such as Warren Buffett, Carl Icahn, George Soros, T. Boone Pickens and Eddie Lampert.
- Yahoo! Finance - Current and historical stock quotes, financial news and more.
BrokerCheck - FINRA BrokerCheck is a free online tool to help investors research the professional background of a current or former FINRA-registered securities firm or broker.
Federal Trade Commission’s Investment Consumer Information - Information on investment schemes.
FINRA - FINRA helps investors build their financial knowledge and provide them with essential tools to better understand the markets and basic principles of saving and investing.
Investor Information - Site contents managed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
InvestorGuide - Includes educational content on investing and personal finance covering topics such as stocks, mutual funds, retirement planning, portfolio management, estate planning, and taxes.
Investopedia - Provides a wealth of information on investing and allows users to look at it based on where they are in their investing life: as a beginner, experienced investor, active trader or preparing for retirement.
Tomorrow's Money - Provides basic information on personal finance, economic and consumer concepts to help people learn how to save and invest.
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission - Search through a rich variety of publications geared toward providing cautionary advice and tips for investors.
- AARP Financial Planning - Check here for news and developments that affect retirees and would-be retirees.
- CNNMoney’s Ultimate Retirement Guide - Comprehensive advice from the editors of Money magazine, including 401(K) plans and annuities.
- New York Times Retirement Guide - Current collection of articles on how to get ready for retirement.
- Smart Money’s Retirement Guide - Advice on coping with retirement today
- Social Security Retirement Planner - Use this tool to help you understand your Social Security benefits.