Please anticipate and reserve time to set up and break down for your meeting.
Please notify us if you intend to bring in additional furniture or equipment. The Austin History Center has no audio-visual equipment or writing boards. Please note that the Austin History Center meeting room, formally called the David Earl Holt Photo Gallery, is also a gallery space for Austin History Center visitors. When an exhibit is up in the room, visitors may come in to view the exhibit during your meeting. You may not inhibit access to the room.
The Austin History Center is an historical building with historical furnishings which require special care:
- Protective mats or tablecloths must be used on tables when refreshments are being served.
- All trash generated by your group must be removed from the premises at the end of your meeting.
- Do not post notices in the building without advance approval of the Administrator.
- Items may not be taped to the walls, drapes or woodwork.
- All furniture - chairs, tables, etc. - must be kept at least three (3) feet from the fireplace.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
The Austin History Center has minimal kitchen facilities available, including a microwave oven which is suitable for reheating food, but is not suitable for the preparation of food.