Commercial Filming and Photography
Thank you for your interest in the Austin Public Library as a possible filming/photography location. As a City of Austin entity, the library is subject to various regulations and requirements. Please review the information below prior to submitting a request.
- Reservations for filming and photography are based upon availability as determined by library staff.
- Requests must be submitted 21 business days prior to filming/photography date.
- Filming and photography must not interfere with the public’s regular use of the facility during open hours.
- There are no fees for facility use and/or rental. The production company must pay the City‘s actual cost for any additional staff, utilities, and security used in assisting with the production.
- Insurance is required for all commercial photography (see submission requirements for details). Student filmmakers should check with their educational institution to ensure they are covered under the institute’s insurance policy.
- The Application and Agreement for Commercial Filming and Photography is the sole form used to authorize filming and photography on the City of Austin Public Library property. No other forms will be accepted and/or used.
Submit an Application
- Review submission requirements.
- Send an email with subject line FILM/PHOTO REQUEST to APL firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information:
- Company/Producer name
- Date and time for shoot
- Anticipated crew size
- Brief description of project
- The library will contact you regarding your request within 5 working days. If the library can accommodate the project, your dates will be reserved and you will be asked to submit an Application and Agreement along with appropriate supporting documentation.