Automated Electronic Device Checkout Now at Milwood Branch
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Contact: Kanya Lyons, 512-974-7379
The recently renovated Milwood Branch of the Austin Public Library invites you to try out their new automated laptop and electronic device kiosk. Customers who have a Library Card in good standing can use the kiosk to check out a device for up to two hours for use inside the Library building.
The Kiosk allows customers to check out the following devices:
- The Chromebook is a web-based notebook that has access to apps like Gmail, Google Maps and Google Docs via the cloud. The Chromebook allows you to access apps and other information associated with your Google account.
- The Ultrabook has Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2013, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Adobe Reader software installed.
- The MacBook Air is an Apple laptop with Microsoft Office 2013, Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and Adobe Reader software installed.
- The iPad is an Apple tablet. With an Apple ID, you can download apps to use while you have the device checked out. Your apps will be wiped from the device when you return it to the kiosk.
When a customer returns a borrowed device, the Kiosk recharges and wipes the memory to ready it for the next check-out. There are no lines to deal with as self-service checkouts and returns take seconds, not minutes. The laptops/electronic devices are for in-library use only and are not to be taken out of the building.
The Milwood Branch of the Austin Public Library is located at 12500 Amherst Dr. For additional information about the kiosk call 512-974-7880 or visit library.austintexas.gov.
- NEW eCard Allows Austin Residents to Access the Virtual Library Without Leaving their Homes
- Tax Assistance at Libraries
- Opening Reception for New Exhibit: Clearing Stones and Sowing Seeds
- Interim Library Services During Renovation of Windsor Park Branch
- Windsor Park Branch Closed for Renovations Starting January 19, 2018