The Cedar Choppers: Life on the Edge of Nothing
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
On Tuesday, May 8 at 6:30 PM, the Austin History Center, Austin Public Library and the City of Austin invite you to meet Author Ken Roberts for a discussion of The Cedar Choppers: Life on the Edge of Nothing at 810 Guadalupe St.
For more than 150 years, the hills and cedar breaks of western Travis County have been populated by the Cedar Choppers, migrants from Appalachia who made a living cutting and selling cedar logs. Who are these people? Author Ken Roberts set out to answer that question after a chance encounter with three young cedar choppers beneath the Tom Miller Dam.
- Mobile Printing at the Library
- Urban Libraries Council Recognizes Austin Public Library for Library Innovation
- New at APL! Renew Your Library Card Online
- Austin Public Library and Austin Independent School District partner to offer full-access Student Library Card
- Holds Limit Increasing from Five to Seven
- Austin Central Library Awarded Prestigious LEED Platinum Building Certification