Hurricane Evacuee Library Cards
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Friday, September 1, 2017
In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Austin and the Austin Public Library are extending assistance where possible.
The Austin Public Library invites Hurricane Harvey evacuees staying in the Austin area to sign up for a free Library Card that will allow limited access until December 31, 2017.
Evacuee Library Cards allow three physical checkouts, three holds on physical items as well as access to the Virtual Library.
Library Card applications must be made in person at any Austin Public Library. Any form of a photo identification will be accepted for people applying for an Evacuee Library Card.
If an ID cannot be provided, please visit the Austin Public Library or call Customer Service at 512-974-7475 for additional options.
About the Austin Public Library
The Austin Public Library provides knowledge, technology and inspiration to the Austin community. The Library is a hub of books and education, a meeting place of minds and an incubator of ideas. For more information, please call 512-974-7400 or visit library.austintexas.gov.
- Mobile Printing at the Library
- Urban Libraries Council Recognizes Austin Public Library for Library Innovation
- New at APL! Renew Your Library Card Online
- Austin Public Library and Austin Independent School District partner to offer full-access Student Library Card
- Holds Limit Increasing from Five to Seven
- Austin Central Library Awarded Prestigious LEED Platinum Building Certification