More eBooks You Can Download FREE With Your Library Card
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Thursday, July 21, 2016
Contact: Kanya Lyons, 512-974-7379
Due to popular demand, we're expanding our Virtual Library collection at the Austin Public Library. You can now get simultaneous access to thousands more eBooks for various age groups, in both English and Spanish, with your Library Card.
This new-to-APL management platform, powered by Odilo, features a wealth of downloadable eBooks and streaming eAudiobooks in Spanish, to better serve the needs of the Spanish-speakers in the Austin community.
“Spanish-speakers make up more than 30 percent of our community, and now the Austin Public Library will offer thousands of native, popular and bestselling titles," said Library Director Brenda Branch. “This provides quality Spanish content our customers want."
Library customers will also appreciate the ability to enjoy the new digital content on any device, whether a Chromebook; eBook reader (Sony® Reader, Barnes & Noble NOOK™, Kobo eReader, and Amazon® Kindle eReaders); iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod® touch; PC or Mac® computer; or anything Android™.
Customers will never incur late fees as the titles automatically expire after the three-week checkout period.
About Austin Public Library
The Austin Public Library provides knowledge, technology and inspiration to the Austin community. The Library is a hub of books and education, a meeting place of minds and an incubator of ideas.
Odilo offers a comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management and distribution of library print and digital materials. Odilo is a privately held Spanish and USA based company dedicated to developing innovative and creative solutions for libraries.
- Día de los Niños, Día de los Libros – Children's Day, Book Day
- The Community Archives Program in Austin Receives Diversity Award from Society of American Archivists
- Austin Public Library Joins Initiative to Help Entrepreneurs Launch Businesses with Focus on Women and People of Color
- Opening Reception for New Photography Exhibit: We'll Just Rock for Ourselves
- Windsor Park Branch Closed for Renovations Starting January 19, 2018