Opening Reception for New Photography Exhibit: We'll Just Rock for Ourselves
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
The Austin History Center invites you to the opening of its newest exhibit We’ll Just Rock for Ourselves: Selections from the Lisa Davis Photograph Archive on Tuesday, April 24 at 6:30 PM in the David Earl Holt Photo Gallery at 810 Guadalupe St. Light refreshments will be served.
The photographs were taken by Davis in the early 1990s and document the lesbian and queer music community of Austin, Texas. The exhibit runs April 24, 2018 – July 22, 2018.
The opening reception will feature live music by Gretchen Phillips, who has played in a number of “lezzie rock” bands including Meat Joy, Girls in the Nose, Two Nice Girls, and The Gretchen Phillips Experience. She was inducted into the Austin Chronicle Music Poll’s Hall of Fame in 2001.
- Austin Central Library Named COTE Top Ten Awards Winner
- Virtual Job Assistance
- Austin Public Library Launches APL+
- Spanish Language Virtual Library Resources
- Virtual Resources for Teens
- Calling all kids!
- Virtual Resources at Austin Public Library
- COVID-19 Update
- CANCELED AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program
- Austin Public Library Named as a Top 10 Innovator by Urban Libraries Council