You Can Now Fill Out a Library Card Application Online!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Monday, September 12, 2016
You can now save time by filling out your Library Card Application online. Then, bring photo ID and proof of residence address to your nearest Library within 14 days to pick up your card. Your Library Card allows you to borrow books and Library materials online or at any Austin Public Library. Visit library.austintexas.gov/application to get started now.
Library Cards are FREE for Austin residents. Non-Resident Library Cards are available for $120 annually or $35 quarterly. Nonresidents can apply for a free limited access Library Card by presenting their current/valid TexShare card from a participating library system.
For more information visit library.austintexas.gov/mylibrarycard or call 512-974-7400.
About the Library
The Austin Public Library provides knowledge, technology and inspiration to the Austin community. The Library is a hub of books and education, a meeting place of minds and an incubator of ideas.
- Mobile Printing at the Library
- Urban Libraries Council Recognizes Austin Public Library for Library Innovation
- New at APL! Renew Your Library Card Online
- Austin Public Library and Austin Independent School District partner to offer full-access Student Library Card
- Holds Limit Increasing from Five to Seven
- Austin Central Library Awarded Prestigious LEED Platinum Building Certification