Search, Browse, Rate, Comment, Tag, Share, Connect and More
Leveraging social networking principles, our Bibliocommons catalog gives customers improved functionality in a more user-friendly environment that is designed to help connect people with common interests. It provides the same experience of discovery and community online that the Library has always delivered in person—all built around the heart of the library: its collections. Search, browse, rate, comment, tag, and share your favorite Library books, movies and music.
APL's catalog includes the following enhanced functionality:
- A smarter search for better results: easy ways to narrow or expand your search, or browse for related items.
- Not sure what you’re looking for? Peruse bestsellers, new additions to the collection, award winners or materials that are generating a lot of interest. You can also browse the shelves virtually.
- Share your ratings, comments, tags and more with other Library customers.
- Follow customers with similar tastes and get recommendations.
- Share your interests through your other accounts, like Facebook and Twitter.
- Easily build lists to share within a community of users with similar tastes and interests.
- Use your three virtual shelves (Complete, In Progress, and For Later) to keep track of all things books, music, and movies. Next time you can’t remember that title, you can check your virtual shelves.
- But your privacy is important. You may want to adjust your privacy settings to specify what you want private versus publicly shared. Learn how to adjust your privacy settings.
- No one can see your checkout history—not even us! The library can only see items you have currently checked out or on hold and ones that incurred fines.
- If you want to keep track of your checkout history, use a shelf in My APL. You can choose whether to make items public or private.
- It's now even easier to place holds and renew items online.
- Ready to get started? Follow these instructions and learn how to use the catalog.
The Austin Public Library's catalog makes finding Library materials easier, faster, more intuitive and a lot more fun! For more information please call (512) 974-7400 or visit library.austintexas.gov.