- Austin History Center Association
- Austin Public Library Friends Foundation
- Library Commission
- Recent grants, awards and donors
- Street and Facility Naming Policy (City of Austin) (PDF, Adobe Acrobat required)
- Ways to Support Your Library
Gift Donation: A Library Book in Their Name!
Looking for the perfect gift idea? Give the Austin Public Library a book, audiobook, music CD, DVD or Blu-ray or a downloadable item in honor of a special friend or family member. They’ll love the idea!
Gifts can be made in any amount:
- $20 buys a picture book or a music CD
- $25 buys a hardcover best-seller
- $30 buys a DVD or Blu-ray
- $35 buys a children's or teen book
- $65 buys an adult audiobook
- $75 can purchase a eBook, eAudiobook, eMovie, eMusic or eMagazines.
- $$$ Or make a more significant gift in honor of a whole family or that special someone or client.
Your recipients will get:
- A donation that can reflect their personal interests - select a genre, topic, library collection or branch, or even a specific author or title (subject to library needs)
- Their name inscribed on a special bookplate, placed inside the “gifted” book
- A letter from Austin Public Library announcing that you have made a donation in their honor (to ensure notification before the holiday, please also send your own card)
- The opportunity to be the first person to check out the brand-new book (or other material) when it’s placed in the collection.
Here's how it works:
- Send a check for $20 or more, made out to the Austin Public Library, with the APL Gift Donation Form to Austin Public Library, P.O. Box 2287, Austin TX 78768-2287
- Download the Library's Gift Donation Form in PDF
- Gifts also can be made in person at any Library branch. Questions? Call 512-974-7400.
Thank you for considering the Austin Public Library for your gift giving opportunities.
You may donate a book to the Austin Public Library collection to honor the memory of a friend or loved one. A plate will be placed inside each book donated as a memorial to commemorate the gift.
Dedications may be:
- selected by title
- selected by subject
- placed in the location of your choice
The Library can notify the family of the person to be honored if you choose. The average dedication donation is $25.00. Donations may be mailed to:
Austin Public Library
P.O. Box 2287
Austin, TX 78768-2287
For more information on memorials, call the Austin Public Library at (512) 974-7528 or e-mail Toni Grasso.
Download the Library's Gift Donation Form in PDF
Invest in Austin Gold...The Austin Public Library Gold Card
Austin Public Library Gold Cards are available to new or current Library card holders who choose to contribute a minimum of $25 to the Gold Card Program. To apply, complete an Austin Public Library Adult Library Card Application and present it in person at the circulation desk of any Austin Public Library location with a valid/acceptable photo I.D. and proof of your current mailing address (if it isn't on the ID). Just mention that you'd like to donate to the Gold Card Program. Gift certificates for Gold Cards can also be purchased at any Austin Public Library location.
A Gold Card donation:
- will provide more books for the Library
- identifies the user as a strong Library supporter
- is tax deductible
- can make a thoughtful gift to a friend or relative
Gold Cards need to be renewed every 2 years, but another donation is optional at the time of renewal.
The Austin Public Library accepts donations of best sellers and popular titles for the Library's collection.
Hardback and paperback books in good condition can be dropped off at any Library location or at the Recycled Reads bookstore. For more information call (512) 323-5123.
Support the Austin Public Library when you pay your monthly Austin Energy bill. Have you noticed the noticed the blank line on your monthly bill that invites you to fill in the donation amount for Parks and Libraries? When you fill in this blank line, your dollars go to support parks and to the Austin Public Library. This option is also available when you pay your utility bill online. The Library uses the donated funds to add ebooks, emagazines, streaming video and downloadable music to enhance the collection. Every dollar expands the Virtual Library for everyone in the community. Questions? Call 512-974-7400.