The Youth Services division of the Austin Public Library offers books, media, technology, and programs for youth of all ages and various backgrounds as well as for their families. Making these resources accessible to youth and their caretakers supports the library and City’s goal of shaping Austin into a dynamic and creative center and the most livable city in the country.
- Interactive and age-appropriate storytime experiences
- Tailored programming that reaches unique populations, such as dual language storytimes (English-Spanish and English-French), integrated Sensory storytime for children with special needs and their peers, programming for teenagers, family literacy workshops for parents and caretakers
- Creative after school programs
- Bookclubs for youth of all ages
- Interactive literature-based puppet shows from our own puppetry troupe, Literature Live!
- Special events such as author visits, STEM clubs, media art programs, singer presentations, Summer Reading Program which incentivizes reading
- Technology literacy activities throughout East Austin as part of the Connected Youth project
- A range of digital media programs throughout all of the Austin Public Library system
We are grateful to our many community partners who help us reach the broadest number of Austinites with outstanding programs and services for families. Our caring and committed staff are dedicated to offering engaging and empowering programs year round, for an immersive experience in literature and information for all of Austin’s young people.