Austin Public Library (APL) provides information and services to Austin's new, primarily non-English-speaking, immigrant population. All of our branches offer ESL materials and access to online resources to learn English as a Second Language.
- Important information for our community members:
To read this pamphlet in other languages click here
Find more information about what do to or not to do in case of an emergency in this document published by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). To read this information in other languages go here.
- Would you like to study the 100 questions to become a US citizen anywhere, anytime? Ciudadanía Americana is a guide to becoming a United States citizen. You can practice the 100 questions and find answers in Spanish and English.
- Different branches are offering Citizenship classes. Come, join us, practice the 100 questions and be ready for your test.
- You can now access remotely Inglés en 100 días a program organized in 100 intensive sessions divided into 14 learning levels. At the end of the course, you’ll have learned 800 fundamental English concepts.
- Schedule an appointment with immigration information officers at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services offices, using InfoPass.
- Join us for Talk Time, Austin Public Library's new English conversation program. If you need a comfortable, non-threatening place to practice speaking English, please join us. Visit our Talk Time page for information on the Schedule.