Resources for New Immigrants
Austin Public Library (APL) provides information and services to Austin's new, primarily non-English-speaking, immigrant population. All of our branches offer ESL materials and access to online resources to learn English as a Second Language.
- Important information for our community members:
To read this information in other languages click here
- Would you like to study the 100 questions to become a US citizen anywhere, anytime? Ciudadanía Americana is a guide to becoming a United States citizen. You can practice the 100 questions and find answers in Spanish and English.
- Different branches are offering Citizenship classes. Come, join us, practice the 100 questions and be ready for your test.
- You can now access remotely Inglés en 100 días a program organized in 100 intensive sessions divided into 14 learning levels. At the end of the course, you’ll have learned 800 fundamental English concepts.
- Schedule an appointment with immigration information officers at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services offices, using InfoPass.
- Join us for Talk Time, Austin Public Library's new English conversation program. If you need a comfortable, non-threatening place to practice speaking English, please join us. Visit our Talk Time page for information on the Schedule.