Calling all kids!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Elvis has left the building!
Thank goodness he has his library card.
Take advantage of free resources for kids by visiting our Virtual Library!
Already have a Library Card? Use the number on the back to gain access to virtual material.
Don't have a Library Card? No problem! Take advantage of our eCard; it provides access to the library’s digital materials and can be acquired without visiting a library location. (The card is free for Austin residents and costs $22 for non-residents.) Apply at https://library.austintexas.gov/mylibrarycard
Virtual Library Highlights for Kids
Brainfuse provides online tutoring for students in grades K-12. Live tutors are available every day from 2 PM - 11 PM. This app is available on both iOS and Android devices.
Bored at home? Looking to fill up your day but mentally exhausted by all the endless options? We’ve got you covered! Austin Public Library is curating quality content from the internet so you don’t have to!
Visit our Personal Picks page with your kids and get a recommendation - just for them - from the Library's virtual collection.
Biblioteca digital para niños
Spanish-language eBooks for Children
MakeMake le ofrece 300 libros electrónicos en español para niños de todas las edades. Ésta colección contiene libros interactivos donde los niños pueden leer y escuchar el texto al mismo tiempo y la interfaz es también en español para facilitar su uso.
The collection includes over 300 picture books, read-along books and interactive books.
Get Libby by OverDrive, the one-tap reading and listening app, with thousands of eBooks and audiobooks for all ages. Sign in with your Library card number and password, and download today!
The TumbleBook Library is a collection of animated, talking picture books, educational games and puzzles available in Spanish and French.
Follow Austin Public Library on Social Media for kid-friendly videos, craftmaking, and more!
WHILE WE ARE CLOSED
Monday through Friday 10 AM to 6 PM - phone (512) 974-7475
Ask a Librarian
Monday through Friday 10 AM to 6 PM – chat, email, phone (512) 974-7400 or text (512) 337-4893
The following service changes are effective until further notice:
- Due dates for items due during the closure have been extended and will be modified as needed while the Austin Public Library remains closed
- Book drops are CLOSED during this time. Please hold on to your items until we reopen
- ALL programs and events at libraries are CANCELED, such as story times, club meetings, community talks, computer classes, public meetings, building rentals, etc.
- Holds that are currently ready for pickup will be available when the library reopens
- Customers will not receive hold notification emails during the closure
- NO new holds may be placed during the closure period
- Library Cards set to expire during the closure period will be extended through the closure period
- Library Cards that expired prior to the closure period can be renewed online
All Austin Public Library locations, The Austin History Center and Recycled Reads are closed to the public. Austin Public Library will continue to monitor COVID-19 developments with the help of Austin Public Health, the City of Austin, and its partner agencies. Decisions to reopen the library system will be based on the COVID019 situation. Austin Public Library will seek to balance the safety and health of our community with its commitment to serving our citizens.
- Austin Central Library Named COTE Top Ten Awards Winner
- Virtual Job Assistance
- Austin Public Library Launches APL+
- Spanish Language Virtual Library Resources
- Virtual Resources for Teens
- Calling all kids!
- Virtual Resources at Austin Public Library
- COVID-19 Update
- CANCELED AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program
- Austin Public Library Named as a Top 10 Innovator by Urban Libraries Council