Opening Reception for New Photography Exhibit: We'll Just Rock for Ourselves
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Contact: Kanya Lyons, 512-974-7379
The Austin History Center invites you to the opening of its newest exhibit We’ll Just Rock for Ourselves: Selections from the Lisa Davis Photograph Archive on Tuesday, April 24 at 6:30 PM in the David Earl Holt Photo Gallery at 810 Guadalupe St. Light refreshments will be served.
The photographs were taken by Davis in the early 1990s and document the lesbian and queer music community of Austin, Texas. The exhibit runs April 24, 2018 – July 22, 2018.
The opening reception will feature live music by Gretchen Phillips, who has played in a number of “lezzie rock” bands including Meat Joy, Girls in the Nose, Two Nice Girls, and The Gretchen Phillips Experience. She was inducted into the Austin Chronicle Music Poll’s Hall of Fame in 2001.
- Día de los Niños, Día de los Libros – Children's Day, Book Day
- The Community Archives Program in Austin Receives Diversity Award from Society of American Archivists
- Austin Public Library Joins Initiative to Help Entrepreneurs Launch Businesses with Focus on Women and People of Color
- Opening Reception for New Photography Exhibit: We'll Just Rock for Ourselves
- Windsor Park Branch Closed for Renovations Starting January 19, 2018