Southeast Branch Closing for Renovations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Contact: Kanya Lyons, 512-974-7379
Starting on Monday, September 18, the Southeast Branch will be closed so that the building’s foundation may be repaired. The repairs are scheduled to take about 6 months. During the closure, the Austin Public Library will offer limited Library services at the Dove Springs Recreation Center.
Dove Springs Recreation Center
5801 Ainez Dr. | 512-974-3840
Bookmobile Lending Services
Located on the grounds of the Dove Springs Recreation Center across from the pool, Bookmobile service begins on Monday, September 18 and continues for the duration of the Library’s closure:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 5 PM – 8:30 PM
- Wednesdays 10 AM – 2 PM
Beginning Monday, September 18 and throughout the length of the closure, the Library will offer the following services for children and teens in the Dove Springs Recreation Center APD Room:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 3 – 6 PM computer access and activities for youth and teens
- Every Wednesday at 10:15 AM and every Friday at 2:15 PM Bilingual Storytime
- Special youth programming on Wednesdays 3 – 5 PM, including Lego Lab, Japanese Club, video games and crafts.
Starting on Monday, October 2, 2017 the following services will be available to adults, children over 10 and teens in the Dove Springs Recreation Center Tiny Tots room:
- Drop-in Computer lab: Mondays-Thursdays 10 AM – 7 PM, Fridays and Saturdays 11 AM-3 PM
- Talk Time Tuesdays: 11 AM – 12 noon
We look forward to serving our community and returning to full services soon.
For full Library services while the Southeast Branch is under renovation, visit the nearest Branch.
Pleasant Hill Branch
211 E. William Cannon Dr. | 512-974-3940
For more information about the Southeast Branch closure please call 512-974-7400 or visit library.austintexas.gov.
- Celebration of Diverse Literary Voices of Texas at the Austin Central Library
- NEW eCard Allows Austin Residents to Access the Virtual Library Without Leaving their Homes
- Tax Assistance at Libraries
- Opening Reception for New Exhibit: Clearing Stones and Sowing Seeds
- Interim Library Services During Renovation of Windsor Park Branch
- Windsor Park Branch Closed for Renovations Starting January 19, 2018