Summer Reading Program
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Imagine Your Story
Welcome to the Austin Public Library’s summer reading program! This year, we can’t celebrate summer with you in person (yet), but we can Quest together June through August using our imaginations right here online.
- Download an age appropriate "Quest Log" at austinsummerreading.org.
- Submit a digital form at austinsummerreading.org every time a reading challenge has been completed to receive a virtual badge.
Free and open to all, the Library's summer reading challenges focus on reading, family experiences, and other fun activities you can easily do from home!
Enjoy These Virtual Resources All Summer Long
No-wait 10-day checkouts for the most popular titles on your list.
eBooks, eAudiobooks, and Magazines. NOW AVAILABLE: 7-day pass to Indie Flix, Acorn TV, The Great Courses, and Qello Stingray concerts and music documentaries.
Up to 6 checkouts a month with no wait - includes movies, music, TV shows, comics, audiobooks and eBooks.
Thousands of eBooks, eAudiobooks and Streaming Video. With these tools you can check out 10 items at a time, put holds on popular titles, and return titles to be able to check out more.
Biblioteca digital para niños | Spanish-language eBooks for Children
MakeMake le ofrece 300 libros electrónicos en español para niños de todas las edades. Ésta colección contiene libros interactivos donde los niños pueden leer y escuchar el texto al mismo tiempo y la interfaz es también en español para facilitar su uso.
The collection includes over 300 picture books, read-along books and interactive books.
Online tutors daily from 2-11 pm, plus essay feedback service, language lab with help for language learners, and eParachute to discover careers that match your skills and interests. Features include MEET's private, virtual study rooms and FlashBulb, which creates and shares flashcards, tests, and games.
Learn over 70 world languages + 20 ESL/ELL courses, plus Mango Premiere Films
Ask a Librarian
Monday through Friday 10 AM to 6 PM
Contact via chat, email, phone (512) 974-7400 or text (512) 337-4893
The following service changes are effective until further notice:
- Due dates for items due during the closure are extended until August 3
- All book drops are now open except for at branches under renovation, Yarborough and Pleasant Hill
- Curbside Service begins June 8 at ten locations
- ALL programs and events at libraries are CANCELED, such as story times, club meetings, community talks, computer classes, public meetings, building rentals, etc.
- HOLDS may be placed beginning June 8
- Library Cards set to expire during the closure period will be extended through the closure period
- Library Cards that expired prior to the closure period can be renewed online
All Austin Public Library locations, The Austin History Center and Recycled Reads are closed to the public. Austin Public Library will continue to monitor COVID-19 developments with the help of Austin Public Health, the City of Austin, and its partner agencies. Decisions to reopen the library system will be based on the COVID-19 situation. Austin Public Library will seek to balance the safety and health of our community with its commitment to serving our citizens.
- Roosevelt Weeks Elected to Urban Libraries Council Executive Board
- Make sure you count, take the Census until Oct. 31!
- Summer Reading Program
- Austin Public Library stands in solidarity with the community against systemic racism, oppression, and injustice
- COVID-19 Update - Library Book Drops Open
- Curbside Hold Pickup Service FAQs
- Austin Central Library Named COTE Top Ten Awards Winner
- Virtual Job Assistance
- Austin Public Library Launches APL+
- Spanish Language Virtual Library Resources
- Virtual Resources for Teens
- Virtual Resources at Austin Public Library