The Indie Author Project is a partnership with Library Journal and other libraries to promote independent authors in their communities and nationwide.
Share with the Indie Author Project:
- Submit your eBook to the Indie Author Project from your Pressbooks account. [Instructions for creating an account]
- You can also go to the BiblioBoard menu and click “Share Your Book” in the For Authors section.
- After a book is vetted, it is made available to participating libraries statewide in the Indie Texas Collection on BiblioBoard Library.
This program allows independent authors to submit their eBooks in electronic format with the possibility of making them available through the Austin Public Library. Opportunities to promote your work and gain more exposure are available through this project.
- Go to the Indie Author Project for submission criteria and form.
- Once submitted, your eBook will be reviewed by a community of multiple curation partners, including Library Journal. You will be notified within 4-6 weeks if your book is selected to be part of the Indie Author Project. Books in all genres are welcome and may be included in the collection but for now only adult and young adult fiction books are professionally reviewed.
- When the book is vetted, it is made available to participating libraries statewide in the Indie Texas Collection on BiblioBoard Library. BiblioBoard is the platform used to read and promote the books selected.
- Library Journal also reviews the books submitted. If your submission is deemed a high-quality indie book it will be included in IAP Select which, in addition to being available locally and at the State level, will appear in the Library Journal IAP select collection available at participating libraries throughout the U.S and Canada.
- There are no limits to the number of books you can submit for review.
- Your book should be on PDF or ePUB format file.
- Submissions should be original work to which you own the rights.