Donate materials documenting the COVID-19 crisis
Teen Services | Austin Public Library
Library services for Teens includes activities and resources for teens from 13 to 18. The Library offers workshops, events, books, technology, and librarians specializing in teen services to support teens on their lifelong learning and leadership journeys. We have a dedicated Teen Central room and staff at the Central Library, and we have youth computer labs at library branches across Austin.
NEW: Visit the Teen Hub
Visit the Teen Hub for book recommendations, research tip videos, teen art and zines, craft tutorials, mindfulness exercises, and resources to help you change the world, in one handy teen-curated spot! Check out a sample video below from our mental-health supporting Mindfulness Minute series.
Services for Teens (ages 13-18)
- ATXyz - the ATX Youth Zine (a teen-run literary & art zine)
- A Teen Guide with tips on books, health, activism, and job resources
- Teen Volunteer leadership and service opportunities
- Support for learning (including research skills and tutoring)
- FREE computer use, Internet access, and study spaces at every library.
- FREE tutoring and online homework help
- FREE library cards for anyone living within Austin city limits
- FREE library cards for AISD and Del Valle ISD students via your school (call us if you need student card info)
- FREE computer use, Internet access, and study spaces at every library
- FREE Homework supplies at the Central Library (pencils, paper, poster board, graphing calculators and more)
Teacher, Parent, and Caregiver Support
- Wi-Fi Hotspots available for checkout [more coming soon]
- Group Cards for teachers in schools, child care centers, group or supported living homes in Austin (as well as teachers in Del Valle ISD)
- Ask a Librarian to recommend resources on any interest or subject
- Book a Librarian for a 30 minute virtual visit to your class
- Learn how books are selected for teens and young people.