The renovation of the Hampton Branch at Oak Hill will:
- Replace existing roof and Kalwall skylights
- Improve interior layout and replace all worn furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Make HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) improvements
- Update electrical systems
- Retrofit plumbing
- Modifications to ensure compliance with ADA
The Austin Public Library’s new bookmobile will be used to provide temporary Library services to the area while the facility is closed for renovations. A bookmobile schedule that will best meet the needs of the customers will be developed.
The dates of the renovation will be determined once the redesign has been approved by the City of Austin. For details and up-to-date information about the renovation, please view the most recent Director's Report.