To expand Virtual Library access during the COVID-19 crisis, we have temporarily increased hoopla checkouts to 5 per month.
hoopla has digital movies, music, TV shows, audiobooks, eBooks and comics.
- Instantly available borrowing.
- No hold queues
- Stream content through your browser on PC/Mac.
- Stream or download with the hoopla digital app for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire and Roku.
- Check out 4 items per month.
- Movies & TV shows check out for 3 days.
- Music CDs check out for 7 days.
- Audiobooks, eBooks and comics / graphic novels check out for 21 days.
- Read our hoopla FAQ for more tips.
To get started in your browser:
- Go to hoopla and click "Get Started."
- Under "Choose your library," select "Austin Public Library (TX)".
- Enter your Library card barcode and Library PIN/Password.
- Create your hoopla account with an email address and password (8-character minimum), and you're ready to use hoopla. The hoopla account is not linked to other Library accounts.
You can also create an account directly in the app following similar steps. Get the app from your device’s app store, open it and tap Sign Up.