Artist applications open until Feb. 28
Gallery (2nd Floor)
About the Exhibit
Application opening date: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Deadline for applications: 11:59pm (CT), Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Austin Central Library invites artists, collectives, curators and beyond to submit proposals for consideration to exhibit at the 2700sq ft. gallery between January 2024-September 2024. Selections will be made by impartial juries comprised of local artists, curators, educators and community leaders through a jury-scoring process. Candidates will be announced in early March 2023. It is free to apply and the call is open to applicants residing in Texas.
Upon acceptance of a proposal, an artist stipend will be offered.
- Exhibitors are responsible for all cost related to the production of artworks, installation, de-installation, shipping, and traveling
- No manipulation can be done on the floor of the gallery space
- No hanging/ suspending items from the ceiling
- Should the walls be painted, the cost of the labor and materials are the exhibitor's responsibility
- Exhibitors are responsible for providing structures, furniture, and equipment other than what the Library can offer
Consideration for Community Exhibition:
Austin Central Library offers alternative spaces, such as the collection areas, lounge spaces and conference rooms for smaller exhibits of two-dimensional artwork. If you would like your application to be considered for this opportunity, please mark your answer in the application. This exhibit is voluntary without compensation. Each submitted work must be less than 40lbs and have a display mechanism for the wall-mount track system provided by the Library. Once jurors make the selections, the final exhibiting location will be determined by the Exhibit Coordinator.
Please contact Exhibit Coordinator, Nicole Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Examples of previous artists shown left to right: Irene Roderick, Randal Ford, Akirash, Calder Kamin, Maria Fernanda Borrero