Create Your Resumé link
Capital Area Workforce Solutions has a more complete video on resume building.
What to Include in a Resume
- Summary at the top of the resume that includes your strengths and experience
- Job history, including volunteer activities
- Educational history and additional training
- Organizations and memberships relevant to the job
- Contact information (name, phone, email) at the top
- Use keywords from the job posting and tailor your resume to suit each application.
- Be truthful. State your abilities accurately.
- Keep it brief. Try to limit your resume to one page, two pages at most.
- Be accurate. Proofread your resume for any errors.
- Keep it up-to-date and professional. Make changes as they occur, and stick to plain-looking fonts to keep your resume timeless.
- Avoid saying "References Upon Request", but do include references if there is room.
- Do not include Social Security #, birth date, marital status.
Creating Your Resume
- Brainfuse JobNow
Valid Library card and password required for remote access.
Free customizable, career-specific resume templates and resume resources. Get help from a resume expert from 2-11 PM Central, or submit your resume any time through the Resume Lab and receive detailed feedback in 24 hours.
- Google Docs Templates
Offers free resume templates that are automatically saved and always available online - no need to save to USB. Requires a free Google account.
The free, user-friendly resume builder allows you to print and download your resume as a PDF or .doc file.
Want more resume help?
Contact us to request a job coach for 1 on 1 assistance.