Adult Volunteer Program link
The Adult Volunteer Program is seeking motivated, highly flexible, diverse, customer service-ready volunteers who can't wait to be a part of the library experience. All library volunteer positions are customer service-oriented.
- Go to our Volunteer Opportunities tab to find an open volunteer opportunity that matches your skills and interests.
- Applicants must be 17 years or older by the date of the application.
- For the application process, APL has partnered with the volunteer website GivePulse. Please complete an application through the APL GivePulse site.
- If applicable, complete an additional Volunteer Accommodation Form.
- Complete the volunteer screening process, including interviews.
- Accept a placement offer.
** Please note: Not all interviews/applications result in a placement offer.**
- Attend mandatory volunteer orientation.
- Complete a successful criminal background investigation.
- Commit to volunteering for a minimum of three months at two hours per week. Some positions may request more.
- Commit to regularly recording volunteer hours into the GivePulse database for tracking volunteer hours.