Skip to main content

Passports for Minors link

  • Minor applicant must be present at the appointment. Both legal parents and/or guardians, when applicable, must be present for the applications of children under age 16, and evidence of parental or custodial relationship must be provided (for example, a birth certificate, court order, or adoption degree showing parent/guardian names). Alternatives include bringing a notarized Statement of Consent Form DS-3053 from the non-applying parent plus a front-and-back photocopy of that parent's ID, a court order showing sole legal custody, or a birth certificate with only one parent listed. Please see Children Under 16 for details and options. 
  • Minors aged 16-17 do not need parental consent, but must show parental awareness. To do this, a parent/guardian can be present at the appointment and/or provide payment in the parent's name. Additionally, a parent/guardian who is present can identify a minor applicant who does not have their own acceptable photo ID. Please see Applicants Age 16 and 17 for more information.
  • A front-and-back photocopy of acceptable ID from each parent/guardian consenting to and/or signing a minor's application must be provided.