Library videoconferencing technology makes connectivity easier and more accessible for a range of remote communication needs in the Austin community:
- civic engagement
- military families
- community organizations
- small start-up businesses
- connect homebound individuals to community meetings held at libraries
- Videoconferencing at the Library is only available for groups of 8 or less individuals.
- Customers who wish to utilize the videoconferencing tools should be familiar with using the internet, email, Google Hangouts and audio/visual tools such as web cams, microphones and speakers.
- Library staff will assist customers with starting a videoconferencing meeting using the Chromebox for Meetings videoconferencing cart, but will not provide technical assistance or troubleshooting for devices outside the Library.
Sign Up to Use Videoconferencing
To utilize APL's videoconferencing technology, call one of the following Library locations and ask to speak to the meeting room administrator.
- Carver Branch 512-974-1010 (District 1)
- Southeast Branch 512-974-8840 (District 2)
- Ruiz Branch 512-974-7500 (District 3)
- Little Walnut Creek Branch 512-974-9860 (District 4)
- Manchaca Road Branch 512-974-8700 (District 5)
- Spicewood Springs Branch 512-974-3800 (District 6)
- Yarborough Branch 512-974-8820 (District 7)
- Hampton Branch at Oak Hill 512-974-9900 (District 8)
- Old Quarry Branch 512-974-8860 (District 10)
Download a PDF map of video conferencing locations.
Remote General Citizen Communication
Austinites have asked that the City make it easier for individuals to participate in council meetings. Time is set aside at 12 noon at each council meeting for a maximum of 10 individuals to address the council on topics of their choice. For those unable to travel to City Hall, videoconferencing for Remote Citizen Communication is available at one Library in each of the City Council districts, except in the district where City Hall is located. City Hall will remain the District 9 Citizen Communications venue.
For more information about General Citizen Communication visit austintexas.gov/department/citizen-participation-council-meetings.